CODE OF ETHICS
CODE OF ETHICS
- To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer.
- To recommend the services, repairs and maintenance to the vehicle owners that are necessary to maintain the vehicle in safe working order.
- To use only products which are safe and provide service that equals or exceeds that recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer.
- To service and repair the vehicles in a timely manner and to keep the customer informed of any and all changes including completion times.
- To give the best customer service possible and, in the case of any disputes, to provide a prompt and amicable resolution.
- To ensure that my entire staff conducts themselves in a professional manner and in keeping with the high standards of the automotive industry.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
Had to have my tractor/trailer (78' long, 75K lbs) towed yesterday. Dustin, tow truck driver, arrived earlier than anticipated. He had my truck hooked and on the way to Kenworth dealership in about 30 mins. Have been towed a couple of times before. It took other drivers much longer. It did not take long for me to realize Dustin knew what he was doing. He paid particular attention to safety of my truck (large sleeper (120") and loaded trailer (enclosed car hauler with extended bubble on front). He was very professional, safe, and personable. He did an excellent job! Highly recommend his services!
Paul Lewis, 07/29/2021
Got a tow from Dustin was a great experience he was on time and very professional he went above and beyond would definitely use this company again
Richard Johnson, 07/24/2021
Very professional people to work with and they know what they are doing specifically with heavy duty trucks and busses.They have excellent customer service and they take the time to explain to me what's wrong with my bus and provide me with the plan. Thank you so much Columbia fleet for all your help. Definitely I will be a customer for good.
Mina Andrawes, 07/15/2021