Today's vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way: Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your vehicle better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your vehicle frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as you need. Do not be embarrassed to request lay definitions.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
I purposely waited to do this review. I wanted to be fair and take emotion out of the equation. First and foremost, let me be clear about the quality of workmanship they put out, which is second to none. I have absolutely no problem acknowledging that they are fast, friendly, and professional. They got me out of a jam in a hurry. The only issue I have is more my fault than there's. ALWAYS always always get a quote on the work to be performed BEFORE it's done. Just because they have a great price on one thing don't mean that they will have great pricing across the board. All in all, I still wouldn't hesitate to call them for repairs to my big truck. These guys are the heat!
Demetris Murphy, 02/28/2023
My driver was very awesome and he helped me out a lot. Thank you!!
Gee Brown, 01/09/2023
Very friendly and punctual
Calvin Mcmurren, 01/07/2023